IELTS Listening practice tests
The Listening test is 30 minutes long (plus 10 minutes transfer time) and covers four separate recordings. The Listening test is the same for both Academic and General Training tests.
There are four sections:
Section 1 is a conversation between two people set in an everyday context (e.g. a conversation in an accommodation agency).
Section 2 is a monologue set in an everyday social context (e.g. a speech about local families).
Section 3 is a conversation between up to four people set in an educational or training context (e.g. a university tutor and student discussing an assignment).
Section 4 is a monologue on an academic subject (e.g. a university lecture).
Listening sample tasks
The following IELTS Listening Sample Tasks are to be used with the answer sheet and MP3 audio files/transcripts. Each answer sheet indicates which recording to listen to, or if a transcript is provided.
Section 2 (Sample A)
Section 2 (Sample B)
- IELTS Listening Recording Section 2 (Sample B)
- Listening Sample B Questions
- Listening Sample B Answers
Section 3 (Sample A)
Section 3 (Sample B)
NEW Listening Samples:
- IELTS Listening Recording 5
- Listening Sample Task - Matching (example 1)
- IELTS Listening Recording 6
- Listening Sample Task - Matching (example 2)
- IELTS Listening Recording 7
- Listening Sample Task - Plan/Map/Diagram/Labelling
Listening Answer Sheet