Test Day Information
Welcome to IDP IELTS Test Centre, please read the information below to find out what happens on the day and you will be more prepared and confident!
3-5 Days before the test:
- Check that your original ID/passport is in place. This must be the same identity as cited on your application. Please note that other form of identity eg. Driving license, student card or government official ID (บัตรข้าราชการ) is NOT accepted.
- Check IDP IELTS website www.ielts.idp.co.th for any last minute announcement.
- Check your email 2 days before the test date. The email will confirm you about the test venue and any last minute notification on the venue change
Before you leave home:
Please ensure that you…..
- Have your original ID/passport (as cited on the application)
- Have a warm jacket
- Leave any valuables at home.
Test centre provides storage area for your convenience but entirely at your own risk. Neither the test centre nor it's staff will be liable for the loss of or any damage to your belongings.
When you arrive at the venue:
We recommend that you arrive at the test venue by 8.15 am
First, check your name on the whiteboard in front of the test room. The name list is in alphabetical order based on last-name. If you cannot find your name, contact our staff immedidately.
Second, deposit all your belongings including, but not limit to, wallet, cell phone, electronic device, any kind of watches etc. at the baggage area.
Items allowed in the test room are:
- ID card or passport (as cited on the application)
- A jacket
- A transparent bottle of water (no label)
Third, go to toilet…. Make sure you feel comfortable during the test.
Fourth, cue up for registration, you will be required to have your photo taken and finger print scanned. If you are taking IELTS for UKVI, your signature will be collected.
After this point, you must go straight to the test room. If you come out of the test room for any reason, you will be required to verify yourself again.
When you enter the room:
- Check with our invigilator where your seat is
- Check the desk label on your desk if information is correct
- Do not talk to other candidates
- Your ID/Passport must be on the desk throughout the test
Test room closes at 9.00 am sharp. Candidates who come after this time will not be allowed to sit the test. No refund or change of test date will be permitted in this case.
At the beginning of the test:
Listen carefully to the Chief Invigilator and follow all the instructions given. All instructions are given in English.
If you need any clarification, raise your hand and one of our invigilators will come to help you. DO NOT ask other candidates.
During the test:
- Listening test takes 40 minutes
- Reading test takes 60 minutes
- Writing test takes 60 minutes
- No extra time for toilet break
- You cannot go to toilet while CD is playing, when papers are being collected, last 10 minutes of each test nor while instruction are being given
Please stop writing and put your pencils down when you are instructed to do so or you may be disqualified.
- Arrive 30 minutes before your interview time
- Bring original ID/passport (again …as cited on your application)
- Register with the invigilators
- Confirm your postal address(for your test result)with the invigilators
- Wait at the waiting area until you are invited
- No personal belongings or mobile phone allowed in the test room.
- When you finish, please leave the test venue immediately. Do not talk to the waiting candidates.
If you are sick on the test day, please refer to FAQ for instructions.
Should you have any queries, please feel free to contact us at